Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in the Comments to the Editor box).
- The manuscript has all appropriate sections: title page, abstract, main text, declarations, figure captions, tables, and references in a single Microsoft Word document.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the guidelines for original articles, case reports/case series, or brief reports.
- During the submission process, the author has filled in the following data in the Metadata tab: co-author information, abstract, keywords, supporting agencies, and reference list.
- Full names (not initials) for all co-authors are included in the List of Contributors with the following information: e-mail, country, full affiliation (department, organization, city, country).
- The ICMJE Conflict of Interest form has been filled out and submitted.
- The Asian JO Publication Consent Form has been filled out and submitted for manuscripts containing personal information (clinical data and images) that may identify an individual.
- Figures (photographs, charts, illustrations, etc.) have been submitted as separate files in JPG, PNG or TIFF format, have a resolution of at least 300 DPI, and files are labeled according to figure number.
- All figures have captions and are referenced in order of appearance throughout the text. Although figure files must be submitted separately, they may also be included in the manuscript.
- Copyright permission has been obtained and is included for any table, diagram, or illustration to be reproduced from other publications. Copyrighted items are appropriately acknowledged in the references.
- Tables are included at the end of the text. All tables have titles and are referenced in order of appearance throughout the text.
- References are consecutively numbered throughout the text and accurately reflected in the reference list.
- References have been formatted according to US National Library of Medicine guidelines and DOIs or URLs for the references have been provided where available.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication, with the work twelve (12) months after publication simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for operation and management of the journal. We will never provide your data to third parties.
Communications from the journal (e-mail updates, printed issues, etc.) may contain selected commericial messages (advertisements, discount offers, etc.)
Please note that the Asian Journal of Ophthalmology is managed by Kugler Publications and Asian Journal of Ophthalmology.